Last year, former Chicago Cubs pitcher, Steven Ellis, published an article titled, Baseball Pitchers Pregame Meal. Although the article specifically addresses what pitchers should eat before a game, there is no reason at all that his suggestions need to be confined to pitchers only; there isn't a single player on the team that couldn't benefit from the advice!
- Baseball & Softball Tips of the Week - 2/17/2019
- Baseball & Softball Tips of the Week - 2/10/2019
- Baseball & Softball Tips of the Week - 2/3/2019
- Baseball & Softball Tips of the Week - 1/27/2019
- Baseball & Softball Tips of the Week - 1/20/2019
- Pitching Machine Comparison - Rawlings Pro Line 3 vs. Hack Attack
- How Much Aerobic Conditioning is Needed in Baseball?
- Hero Cat Saves Boy, Throws Out First Pitch
I've written about base running errors here before and also provided tips for avoiding these kinds of senseless mistakes that can cost a team a game. Here are some more common sense base running guidelines that coaches can teach their players.
Quite often an the youngest little league ages, the coach takes whatever kids can throw the hardest and makes them pitchers. There's more to pitching than throwing hard; this primer for young pitchers will help anyone new to the position get the mechanics down.